- Entrance to Chapel & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- H.E. Nguon An, Parliament of National Assembly of Kingdom of Cambodia
- Christ the Center
- Dignitaries Tour Displays during Open House
- Chapel and Cultural Hall Filled for Open House
- His Excellency, Srey Sopheak speaks at Open House
- Senior Missionaries in Cambodia
- Family Affair
- Ready to Eat
- Church Leaders Kampong Cham
- Kampong Cham Chapel
- Nightfall on Kampong Cham Chapel
|1 of 2||
Click Here to View All On The Same Page
Vice Governor of Kampong Cham, Keov Sok, and His Excellency Srey Sopheak, local Kampong Cham Minister of Cults and Religion, join leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in a dedication of a new chapel in the Province of Kampong Cham, Cambodia. They combined with over 800 members, government dignitaries and community residents of the LDS Church in a traditional Khmer ribbon cutting ceremony.
Today, there are more than 13,000 members of the Church in Cambodia. This is the eighth Church owned building in the country and will serve three of the 30 congregations in the country. The dedicatory services were led by President James Lowell Christensen, president of the Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Joni Dowd, a public affairs missionary of the Church stated, "This event allowed visitors to better understand the sacred teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, along with explanations of other inspired programs offered to strengthen individuals and families."